B.S. Computer Science
Responsible for developing IT infrastructure, policy and technical staffing for a new NSF/University of MD research center based in Annapolis, MD. Developed an infrastructure that can support a variety of purposes from research infrastructure (gis, db, computational clusters, storage, etc) to technology necessary to support onsite and remote conferences and back-office adminstrative functions. Infrastructure was a greenfield installation, requiring development of all systems starting from physical infrastructure (physical plant, hvac, etc) to core authentication/communications services and high level service/research and corresponding staffing,policy as necessary
Leader programmer for the ADAPT project developing technologies to handle long term digital preservation. Areas of focus include integrity monitoring (ACE), ingestion (PAWN), large scale storage, and developing technologies to support temporal indexing of web content
- Develop border firewall and NAT service for UMIACS.
- Experience with Cisco 54/2600 switches, Packet-Engines/Alcatel switches and IP filtering, linux bridging and ip tables.
- Help to deploy and maintain a Gigabit research network designed to support HPC and uncompressed multicast HD video research.
- Develop RHEL3 and linux hpc cluster (PBS/MAUI) support.
- Languages used: Perl, various shells (ksh, bash, tcsh)